Sunday, May 11, 2008

Summer Intern!


Michael received two internships in California for the summer. Both of the companies are in and around our hometowns so we'll be close to family, in a familiar place and loving a California summer! Hoorah! Unfortunately, Michael had to report by May 12th and the school I work at doesn't get out until May 30th. Needless to say, I'm pretty much a train wreck. Lonely and sad. The first morning after he left, my first thought-looking back on the previous day-was "Whoa, I'm glad that day's over. Then I realized it's been just one day; 20 more to go.

Just to get an idea of what it's been like, let me tell you about the first day with him gone. First, all the hot water disappears. I determined that the pilot light in the water heater had gone out. I called our Home Teacher-no answer, then three of our friends-no answer, finally the bishop-his wife answers and says all the men are on a camp-out and wont be home for another 4 hours. So I tried it myself. Bad idea. After trying 4 times to contact Michael, he picks up just in time for my phone to start glitching and freeze, twice. It'd figure. He remembers that he has uncles and cousins in the area who can help, but they were all busy too. I had given up and had resigned my self to sitting in my own human dirtiness until noon when he got a hold of one of our friends that I had called earlier. Thankfully, he was able to set it right and I only had to sit in my human filthiness for 40 minutes. That's the morning after my first night of sleeping alone. (Which happened to be the night that our Mexican neighbors next door got into some fight and started yelling at 1:00 am and scaring the day-lights out of me.)

5 comments:

Nae said...

Kristin, I was so glad to see someone in my family blogging! (It's your cousin Shanae, in case you couldn't tell from my blog I.D.) Anyways, your blog is adorable, such fun to see newlyweds starting their life. Matt and I just celebrated our ten year anneversary, time flies! Well, I'm sure I'll stalk your blog, and please do mine as well. Good luck without your hubby, that is no fun. But you'll have a blast in Cali I'm sure.

The Hathaways said...

I love your blog! I'm soooo glad that you guys are going to be here for the summer. Can't wait to see you! Oh, I have a new e-mail address now. It's mamahathaway@hotmail.com

Nae said...

Hello again! Thanks for posting on my blog! I found yours through the family website (myfamily.com) Someone had posted it, I can't remeber if it was you or your Dad. As far as finding other blogs, I think there is a google blog search, but I'm not totally sure. I find a lot of friends/familys blogs through other people's blogs. Oh well, please check our blog again, I loved hearing from you.

Nae said...

Hello again. I'm so glad you commented on my blog! It was fun to see your blog and to hear from you. I found your blog through the family website (myfamily.com) Your Dad posted both yours and Marks. BTW, if you ever need anything like help with a pilot light please feel free to call us, we're not tooo far away. Sheldon is not too far from Provo either. Here's my email- naefreeman@yahoo.com, email me and I'll give you my phone numbers. We'd love to have you to dinner sometime, maybe something to get you out and not missing hubby!! I'd love to catch up, we haven't really seen each other in our adult lives. Ok, I'll stalk you later (-:

Nae said...

Ok, sorry for two posts, I didn't realize you had "moderation" on. I thought one didn't post. Sorry!!! (-: